Thursday, August 23, 2012

Little Goose Big Thrill


OUR EXCURSION TO LITTLE GOOSE was quite by accident as are many of our adventures on the URAL bike. We headed north from Campbell River to Roberts Lake, approximately 30 kilometers, to enjoy one of their famous cinnamon buns. On our way, a sign on the west side of the road caught my attention and we decided to explore the trail on our way home.
At the resort, we met a group of other bike enthusiasts and typically, our Patrol was the only bike with a sidecar. I exchanged stories with some of the women who ride on the back of a motorcycle, explaining the sheer joy of facing the adventure head-on. The other women who were motoring their own bikes shared their sensation of freedom not having to sit behind the driver.
We waved our goodbyes and headed south to Little Goose Road.
We are always thrilled with side roads. We love our trails narrow and cumbersome. We get a sense of being alone in the world surrounded exclusively by the sound of the bike motor until we pull to a stop. The surrounding forest was filled with chirping birds and curious sounding rustles at ground level. We investigated an abandoned farm plow and took our time enjoying the lay of the land.
The daisies in the field hold a special place in my heart. They were my mother’s favourite flower and seeing them fills my senses with her face and love.
We sported our helmets and headed home.

 The Motorcycle Song
by Arlo Guthrie
I don't want a pickle
Just want to ride on my motorsickle
And I don't want a tickle
'Cause I'd rather ride on my motorsickle
And I don't want to die
Just want to ride on my motorcy...cle


Little Goose Forest Service Road

Memories of my Mom


Learning to work the Ural



No comments:

Post a Comment